“Water for Two” is a unique intervention course, designed to support and enhance parent-child relationship; Water Play, which is based on Play Therapy and Art Therapy is the primary therapeutic tool in this course; the joint Water Play method will be the lenses to view the dyadic connection and empower it.
This program was created by two experienced therapists, Yael Livne and Hagit Kirshner-Shalom, who partnered to build an integrative modality of dyadic work using Water Play Therapy.
About the Course
This course integrates different methods, knowledge, and practices that together establish an innovative working model in parent-child connection.
The mutual water play will be utilised as a catalyst for the attachment process, building trust and communication, aiming to strengthen the dyadic bond.
The course will share a new way to observe, understand, and support the dyad, using the water as a multifaceted tool.
- Three working techniques of joint water play will be presented.
- Parent-child activities and practical tools will be shared, include telehealth modification.
- The learning will be interactive with clips and demos to bring the learning to life.
- By the end of the course, participants will be able to use this method with their relevant clienteles.
- Intro: advantages and principles of expressive therapy, dyadic work, and water play.
- Fundamental and advanced needs of children and typical challenges in the parent-child relationship.
- Advantages and challenges of working in dyadic and triangle modality.
- Water Play foundations and principles (using colours, play objects, and storytelling).
- Dyadic Water Play framework and the three working concepts.
- Practical tools and techniques: activities, demos, and case sharing.
- A course booklet will be shared with the participants.
- An Attendance Certification of 12 academic hours will be given at the end of the course.
Who is This Course For
- Play and creative Arts Therapists
- Art Therapis
- Family Therapists
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Any professional who works with children and parents and wishes to expand his or her toolkit.
|When?||Tuesdays, November 3rd – December 8th, 2020 at 7:00-8.30 pm|
|Where?||Six sessions, Live on Zoom|
|* Next dates will be updated soon|
Special Bonus: Individual and group supervision will be available for those who graduate the course and wish to continue their learning in discounted rates.
About the Presenters:
Psychologist (M.A), Accredited Play Therapist,
Theraplay practitioner (L1),
Circle of Security Facilitator,
Filial Coach (P),
Clinical Supervisor (P)
Hagit Kirshner-Shalom is a Psychologist and Accredited Play Therapist with vast experience in supporting children and families; Hagit offers individual, dyadic, and group therapy, as well as workshops for parents and professionals. Hagit works in a private early intervention centre and international schools in Singapore. Play Therapy is Hagit’s main passion. She attained multiple certifications in the therapeutic field, aiming to help parents and children heal and overcome their challenges.
Expressive Art Therapist (M.A)
Yael Livneh is an Expressive Art therapist living in Israel. Yael is practising psychodrama and inter-modality approaches for over 20 years. Yael owns a private clinic and specialised in supporting children with emotional difficulties. Yael developed the “Water Play Therapy” (WPT), an innovative water-based technique. She published her book “Rising on Water” in 2015. Yael presents her method around the world to medical and educational staff in hospitals and universities; she trained teams in Africa and Asia through international organisations. Yael is an academic team member of “Oranim College” and supervises therapists.